Alaska Community Development 907-262-6333 http://www.alaskacdc.org/
- HAIP – Housing Accessibility Improvement Program
- Taking Applications Annually
Alaska Fish and Game/Free Fishing License https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=sportlicense.seniors
Alaska Housing Financing Corporation 800-478-2432
- Weatherization/Energy Rebate Program
Alaska Legal Services Corporation 888-352-4150
- Provides legal assistance to seniors
- Power of Attorney, Health Care Directive, and Will applications are available at the Senior Center.
Alaska Permanent Dividend Fund https://pfd.alaska.gov/
Adult Protective Services 800-478-9996
- You may call to report suspected abuse of a vulnerable adult to 1-800-478-9996 (in state only) or 907-269-3666.
- You may complete the report about suspected abuse to a vulnerable adult via the Centralized Report by following this link – http://dhss.alaska.gov/dsds/Pages/aps/apsreportinfo.aspx
Alaska State ID 224-4037
ID card is free to Alaskan seniors age 60 and older at the DMV office located in Seward City Hall building.
Alzheimer’s Resource Agency of AK 800-478-1080 https://www.alzalaska.org/
- Local support group meets every 2nd Wednesday, 6pm at Seward Mountain Haven Commons.
- Mini-Grants Available
Chugachmuit Health Services 224-3076
Serving Alaska Native/American Indian Beneficiaries. Primary Care Clinic, Behavioral Health Services, Diabetes Prevention, Tobacco Prevention & Control and Contract Health Services.
Chugachmuit Native Tribe 224-3118
- Provides Social Services & Elder Programs
City of Seward 224-4050
- Utilities, fluorescent bulb recycle day, city clerk, city council, etc.
- Seward Family Dentistry 224-3071
- Fjords Dental 224-2200
Guardian Flight Insurance https://www.airmedcarenetwork.com/alaska/
Low-income seniors whom are in need of nursing home level of care (but not in need of nursing) can possibly be eligible for the State of Alaska to help cover the costs of in-home services. Meeting with a Care Coordinator is the first step to eligibility. Seniors also have the opportunity to pay out of pocket for services too.
- ResCare Home Care 224-4424
- ADRC – Aging & Disability Resource Centers 877-625-2372
- Consumer Direct Care Services 888-966-8777
Independent Living Center 224-8711
- Provides seniors discounted taxi vouchers, medical equipment loan and form completion support.
- TRAILS – Total Recreation and Independent Living Services
- The TRAILS Program promotes choices in recreation for individuals, families and friends of people living with disabilities.
Kenai Peninsula Borough Seward Office 224-2001 https://www.kpb.us/
- Home Owners Tax Exemption applications available
- KPB Annex is located at Sea View Plaza Room 122 in Seward
- Open Monday – Thursday from 10am to 3pm
Long-Term Care Ombudsman 907-334-4480
- An ombudsman is an advocate who serves to protect the civil and human right of elderly and disabled residents living in long-term care facilities.
- Providence Seward Medical Center 224-5205
- Seward Community Health Center 224-2273
- Glacier Family Medical Clinic 224-8733
Medicare and Insurance
- Seward Senior Center 224-5604
- SSC has Medicare Counselors on staff to assist you. Available by appointment only.
- Anchorage SHIP Office 800-478-6065
- Information about Medicare, Medicare Part D and Prescription Drug Assistance
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255
Public Assistance (Public Fee Agent/Medicaid)
- Seward Community Health Clinic 224-2273
- Kenai Public Assistance 800-478-9032
Qutekcak Native Tribe 224-3118
Services designed to meet personal needs of Alaskan Native/American Indian Elders.
Road Conditions 511
Safeway Pharmacy 224-6960
Seaview Community Services 224-5257
- Mental Health and Crisis Hotline 224-3027
- Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Crisis Line 362-1843
- Glacier View Apartments 224-3737
- Clearview Haven Assisted Living 224-5220
- Harmony Villa 907-235-4357
Senior Vehicle Registration 224-4037 http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/reg/senior.htm
An Alaska resident age 65 or older is entitled to register one non-commercial vehicle during that calendar year exempt from registration fees and the motor vehicle registration tax. A senior must complete a Senior Citizen Exemption Certificate.
Seward Senior Center 224-5604 https://www.sewardsenior.org
- Offers nutrition, transportation, education, health promotion and many more support services.
- Heating Assistance application available October – April
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Security 800-772-1213
- You can contact SSC at 224-5604 for local support. Available by appointment only.
Taxpayer Advocate Services 907-786-9777
- Free help to guide you through the often-confusing process of resolving tax problems that you have not been able to solve on your own.
- 949 East 36th Ave., Suite A-405, Anchorage, AK 99508